Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I didn't see THAT coming!

Well, I can honestly say that when I woke up this morning my day looked a whole lot different then it ended up being!! Last week Josh had to take his car to the shop for some problems he was having with his car. When he dropped the car off they told him they were about four days behind so they probably wouldn't even be able to look at it until this week. He went ahead and left it with them because he didn't feel comfortable trying to drive it home with some of the issues it was having. Well, they finally called him yesterday with the estimate of what repairs were going to cost. With all that needed to be done they said it was going to cost him almost $7000 to repair it and considering it's a 1997 model, it simply isn't worth that kind of money to fix it. So he was left with trying to decide what to do. To make a long story short, my mom and I were heading in to town to do some shopping and I took a drive through the dealership (the one he had his car at) to see what they had for sale and came across a Chevy Cruze that could be doable. Well, about 3+ hours later he walked out being the proud owner of a 2011 Chevy Cruze! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me so I took this picture with my phone. I will, hopefully, get a better picture tomorrow! (He had to leave from the dealership to help a friend with a project then go to work.) Whew. As I said, definitely not how I saw the day going and didn't end up getting the shopping done that we had set out to do! At least this way he'll have something reliable and will get better gas mileage plus be able to use regular gas (his other car used premium) all things that will help him save a little money in the week-to-week area. A car payment is a huge responsibility and I'm really hoping/praying he's going to do great at it!


In other news, Ian had his AWANA awards ceremony tonight and earned a few awards! He got his first book award, 2nd place attendance award, 2nd place uniform/Bible award, 2nd place overall points award plus a pin for missions done. I'm very proud of him and was happy I had my ipad with me as I still didn't have my camera on me but my ipad took pretty good pictures!








I still can't believe this is his last week of school and today was his last full day of school! He has a half day both tomorrow and Friday then he's officially done AND a SIXTH grader! Where has the time gone?!


2 comments:

Brian said...

Thank you for the back-story, Love! Congrats to Ian, too...that's great! Maybe JOSH can Blog about his version of the story...
L,
BDL

Hartman said...

6th grade? Are you sure? My goodness....