Saturday, October 2, 2010

Decorating for Fall

To get ready for fall, I decided I wanted to do something different with my mantle. Here's the "before". I can't really explain why I love these stars, but I do. I got them when visiting my friend Amy in Texas. I originally got them for Ian's room but they've ended up in our living area in the last few houses. A lot of people who like "country" like the stars and although I don't consider my style "country" I do love the stars. Although the stars did look good over the mantle, I decided that there's a big empty space up over my back door/windows that the stars would look good in so I moved them there. I also had a gold mirror that I decided to paint black. (Imagine that!) After I got the mirror painted, here's what I put together on the mantle.

Josh helped me out with it and I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. It's muted with pops of orange. Just right!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Where did you put my rifle?

Joy said...

I knew you would ask me that! Right now it's in the corner of the living room (between the elephant chair and the bookshelf).