Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010


We had a good Thanksgiving this year - busy but good. It started that morning when we went to my parent's house for a brunch for those of our small group that were here for Thanksgiving. It was really fun to sit and chat with friends in the morning like that! The picture to the left is me and my friend Michelle that morning. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of everyone else and only realized as I downloaded my pictures that I didn't get any of my parents! Need to do better with that. (Never did see the parade - first time in YEARS!! Must not be Christmas since I didn't see Santa enter!)
After the friends left, my mom got busy putting together the side dishes she was making to take to my aunt and uncle's house that afternoon. I put Ellie down for a nap and Ian, Josh and I sat down for a game of Scrabble. My parents ended up leaving us at their house to head to my aunt and uncle's while we finished our game and let Ellie finish her nap. They ended up starting to eat without us. I finally woke Ellie up so we could go before the food was gone! We had a nice evening with my dad's side of the family. All of my girl cousins and both aunts and uncles from that side of the family were there. (Pictures to the left are me, Ellie and Aniston - my cousin Jocelyn's daughter and my cousin Kristin with her hubby Robert). It was a nice relaxing way to spend the day. We had a little fire in the fire pit, munched on food and just enjoyed some time together. It really was nice getting to be with family for the holiday. All of the food was fabulous but I feel pretty good about the fact that I don't feel like I over ate. So much to be thankful for and really realizing what it means to be thankful even when things aren't going the way I would want!

Me and the kids - Thanksgiving 2010

No comments: