Friday, November 19, 2010

Princess on Ice Show

Yesterday Ellie, my mom and I had the opportunity to go to the Disney Princesses on Ice show. Ellie wanted to wear a pretty dress and I decided to let her wear a dress I'd gotten for her a couple of weeks ago. You can't see them in any pictures but part of the reason I let her wear this dress is because she wanted to wear some sparkly gold shoes that I'd gotten for her. She looked adorable. She made me wear a dress that had a sash around the a-line, just like hers! Unfortunately, I never got any pictures of her with the signs for the show, but I did get a couple at the show. She sat for the whole thing and just seemed to take it all in. She said her favorite parts were Cinderella, Snow White and one other that I can't recall right this second. During the intermission we got a cute Cinderella "stein" that had a snow cone in it. Well, as yummy as that snow cone might have been, it was probably the wrong thing to get because when we went back in for the show, we were freezing! I sat her in my lap just so we would be warmer. It worked, thankfully, and we enjoyed the rest of the show.
After the show we went to the Tea Room in Savannah. It was cute that they set the table for Ellie with kid sized plate and silverware plus cup and saucer. I ordered her a pot of decaf french vanilla tea and she drank the whole thing. My mom and I shared a pot of a white tea called White Christmas and it was pretty yummy. One of Ellie's favorite things at the tea room was teddy bears that were placed around the room. She enjoyed picking them up and moving them around. She also really liked the orchids that came on our plates - that's why you'll see pictures of each of us with the orchids behind our ears! We had a fun day just being girls and doing fun girly things. (I have to say I think it's funny that Ian's still upset with me for not taking him to the show. I told him I didn't think he'd be interested in Princesses on Ice and he said, "Mom, it's on ICE!! I love ice!") Oh, well, he was in school anyway!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own digital scrapbook

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So sweet! Looking forward to seeing y'all this week for Thanksgiving!

Beverly said...

What a doll baby! And too funny about Ian's comment. I have good memories of going with my dad to Disney on Ice. Ted took Charis to Finding Nemo on ice in Las Vegas. I think I should take both my girls sometime!