Monday, December 10, 2007

Josh's Play

The Crucible. Not really something I would've thought of for teenagers to do but it's what his class was doing. I'm sure I read it in high school and I knew it had something to do with hanging witches but that's about all I knew. It turns out there's a kiss in the final act - I was so thankful Josh didn't get the role that was for! A lot more "dramatic" than when he did High School Musical back in the spring!! This class has been good for him - he's made some good friends here that was important for having just moved here. Jeri's mom, JJ, was able to take some pictures of them during their practice run-through on Saturday and she made cd's for everyone with all the pictures. There were 78 total that were on the cd but don't worry I'm not going to share them all!

Josh played Governon Danforth - kinda the "bad guy" in the play. It was funny because I was sitting with my friend Ashley and her daughter Kelsey and they both said Josh kinda scared them a little because they hadn't ever heard him yell before! Josh did a great job - all the kids did. With it being in an older English it was a little harder for them to learn their lines and a little harder to follow so you really had to pay attention!

As a side note - Jeri had quite a few of her friends come to the Saturday performance and when Josh finally walked on stage the whole row literally all smiled and looked at one another. Turns out Josh might have some groupies!! :)

Having their final performance was a little bittersweet for all of them but they are all hoping to see each other for the next class that starts in January.
The three musketeers.
An intense moment.

1 comment:

Hartman said...

That is great Joy...good for Josh!! He is a handsome boy..watch out girls!