Monday, December 10, 2007

What a weekend!

Well, it was another busy (but good weekend). I'm going to give an overview in this post then post a couple of separate emails about the particulars. Friday night was Brian's class Christmas "Ball." They had kinda downed it to more of just a "Christmas dress" party but it's easier to just call it a ball. Anyway, I went and had my hair trimmed and put up to get ready for that evening. I was a little stressed because I had to take Ellie with me and I wasn't sure how she'd do but she did a great job - all things considered. We had a good time Friday night and Ellie was a good girl for Josh so we were very thankful that all went well on both ends. My neighbor, Ashley, had even been kind enough to come down and tell Josh that if he needed her not to hesitate to call her. I didn't take any pictures with my camera but some other people took pictures. As soon as I get one, I'll be sure to post it.
Saturday Brian, Ian, Ellie and I had a nice relaxing morning while Josh left to go have a full run-through of his play because they were having performances at 2pm on both Saturday and Sunday and hadn't actually done a full run-through, yet. Due to the content of the play, they asked that no one bring children under the age of 12 so we weren't able to take Ian and, as a result, ended up splitting up for us to both be able to go. I went Saturday and Brian went Sunday. I'm going to do a separate blog about the play!
Saturday evening we ended up having Josh's friend Jeri (who's in the play with him and also happens to be our neighbor at the end of our street) and her mom, JJ, over for dinner. After dinner we played Apples to Apples with them then Jeri stayed to watch Xmen 3 with us.
Sunday we ended up only going to church and not Sunday school because I really needed to go to the commissary and Josh needed to be at his thing at 1 and with the performance at 2 I didn't know when else I'd get a chance to go. So, I went to the commissary right after church and got home in time to have Brian help unload (thank goodness - I hate that part!) then he had to get ready to go. After he got home, we had just a little bit of time before I left to go to a ladies' dinner at my friend Ashley's church. It was very nice. Then, I got home just as the cast from the play was getting here to have a "bonfire" in our backyard. So, we spent the evening hanging out with them and getting to know them a little. It was nice but didn't really allow us time to do anything we needed to do so Brian's busy writing a paper right now for a final that's due tomorrow! Thankfully, he works well under pressure (and I'm so glad it's not me having to write a paper!)

1 comment:

Hartman said...

That is so great that you guys entertain at your house...especially for Josh's friends. It is a good chance to get to know them and stay involved in your teenagers life (and know what he is doing).