Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Date Night Surprise

Brian and I finally had a date night over the weekend!! I realized that night that our last date was for his Christmas formal back on December 9th or something like that! Way too long if you ask me! We had talked about it and decided since Josh's schedule had slowed down somewhat it would be a perfect opportunity. What Brian didn't know is that I arranged to have two couples join us on our date - the two guys Brian meets with once a week for an accountability group and their wives. So, from setting it up with them it had been decided to meet at Bonefish for dinner around 7pm. One of the couples said they would get there a little earlier to try and get our name on the list. The other couple had to wait for their babysitter to get there around 6:40pm. I had told Brian that we should leave our house around 6:30pm and it was 6:30pm and I'm saying "We gotta go!" And he's dilly-dallying saying "Why, you have something planned?" I played it off by telling him I was hungry (which I was) but also trying to make sure he didn't figure anything out. Well, we finally got to the restaurant and I saw our friends at the bar so I started walking that way and they said "Hello fellow date night friends" and that's when Brian figured out he had been set up. He told me he had the thought in the back of his mind, if Dave knows we got together without him he might be upset, but didn't say anything. Then, it was mentioned that they might not seat us if 2/3 of our party was there and that's when Brian figured out that Dave was coming, too! So, they showed up and we finally got seated around 7:30pm. We had a wonderful dinner and really enjoyed being able to spend some time with those folks. Oh, by the way, I had done this as a late birthday surprise for Brian so he got to celebrate for almost a week! I'm including some pictures. We ended up in a booth and rather than having all the guys on one side and all the girls on the other, we mixed it up a little and just had the couples sitting across from one another but Kate enjoyed being in the middle of the guys! :) The pictures are a little blurry but you get the point. Brad and Kate brought a St Patty's headband thing for Brian and he wore it when they brought out his dessert. The couples are: me and Brian, Kate and Brad and Dave and Kelley.

No comments: