Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brian's Birthday



Well, I'm only a week or so behind but I did want to post a little about Brian's birthday. I feel as if it came up so quickly this year and I wasn't at all prepared! Well, I knew what his present was but I didn't have it for him and I'd been out of town the weekend before his birthday and our commissary is closed on Mondays so I didn't even have a cake ordered for him! Thankfully, though, we'd thought a little in advance and did have plans for his birthday. It just so happened that Brian's birthday was parent's night for Josh's school musical "Man of La Mancha" and we had dinner plans beforehand with some friends whose daughters were also in the show. We ended up going to a place called Sanders that I've been wanting to go to for some time now and it was a very nice dinner and we enjoyed the company very much. The show was also very well done and we had a great time. On the way home since he didn't have cake, we stopped in at Coldstone and picked up a pint to take home. YUM!!




I will say it was kind of funny, though, because at lunch on his birthday Brian and I were talking and he says, "Oh, you went to the commissary so I have cake!" and although I did go to the commissary and had intended to buy him a cake, they didn't have any that I wanted to buy. If you know my husband you know he LOVES store bought cake with buttercream frosting. He prefers it over me baking a cake for him!! I felt SO bad that I didn't have a cake for him but he told me I could still get him one! So, I went in and ordered him a cake. I wasn't actually pleased with the way it came out (I told the lady he loved frosting - especially the flowers and apparently I didn't specify the big roses with lots of frosting so I was a bit disappointed with their version of flowers!) but here it is:




Just in case you can't read it, it says "Here's your cake" "Love you". What's funny is the lady taking the order added the quotation marks I think so the people decorating the cake would know what to put but the person decorating also put the quotation marks!!! LOL!! It's about the saddest looking cake I've ever seen but it satisfied his need for cake!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

LOL! What a great cake story!!

Bob and Claire said...

That is a great story! You definitely need to send the pictures over to http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ . That is such a funny site, and it features lots of cakes with crazy quotations marks, etc.!