Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Huge Party Going On Tonight!!!

You are probably wondering what the party is/was all about... of course I'm going to tell you because that's what blogging is all about!! Well, I don't know if I've mentioned it on here before or not but back in January I started teaching 3rd and 4th grade girls on Wednesday nights at our church. They're a good group of girls - albeit a little energetic!! Well, about a month or more ago one of them started bringing a friend and tonight right as we were about to get started the two of them came and asked if they could talk to me in private. I said, "Sure!" So, we went away from where the other girls were and the "regular" said, "Something I've been praying about is happening - "visitor" wants to become a Christian!!" Of course I was excited but also wanted to make sure she knew exactly what it meant so I went to our Children's director and told her and thought it would be good to sit with her and counsel her some. So, the three of us went into a separate room and we went through the plan of salvation and read some verses in Romans - "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (3:23), "For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (6:23), "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (5:8), and another verse in Ephesians "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the GIFT of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (2:8&9) Each time we read a verse we would talk with her about it and make sure she truly understood what this free GIFT was and she was really excited to have God with her in her life. I led her through a sinner's prayer and afterward she was happy and said, "Does this mean I'm a Christian now?" I think too many people think it's more complicated than that but it really does come down to a simple prayer of confession that you're a sinner and that you need Christ. I ask you to be praying for her, though, she comes from a broken home and lives with her mom who doesn't attend church. Now we need to be praying she'll be able to share her new found faith with her family! So, the huge party going on tonight is in Heaven! The angels are celebrating this new believer! It has really been a renewal for me as well - to really remember it is a gift and I can't earn it. Which means as a human I'm going to fail at things but His love is still there. Praise the Lord!!

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Awesome, Joy! What a privilege to be a part of this!!

Hartman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hartman said...

That is super, Joy!! YAY!!!