Monday, October 29, 2007

Busy Weekend

I can't believe it's already Monday again! The weekends go by way to fast!! Friday night we just had a casual dinner. Josh finished up baseball tryouts that night and, unfortunately, didn't make the team so we were ready for a quiet night at home. After Ian went to bed Brian, Josh and I watched the first Bourne movie and we have the 2nd one to watch, too. That way, when we get the newest one (it's on our Blockbuster online list) we will remember the story line.





Anyway, Saturday was busy. Ian had his last soccer game (see photos) and Josh had his acting classes but was able to get a ride with our neighbor. I was supposed to go to a baby shower but by the time we got home from soccer and got breakfast ready, I realized I would be late and I wasn't even dressed yet so I made the last minute decision not to go. So, we got some things done around the house and then had Brian's ACSC fall festival that evening. Those who put it together did a great job and it was a lot of fun. Ellie did great - she seems to really enjoy when there's lots of activity and gets bored when there isn't. She is a chili pepper for Halloween - it's something I had wanted Ian to be when he was a baby and it didn't happen so Brian insisted I had to do it this year for Ellie. She looks pretty cute. Ian is a soldier this year or GI Joe as he calls himself. I would attach pictures of them in their costumes from that night but because Halloween is coming up and I'll be taking more then, I'll wait to post them for that!!

Sunday we visited yet another church. This one was one our friend Pat from Ohio goes to so although we hadn't talked to her since we'd gotten here, we thought we would show up and surprise her! It's a pretty small church but it's a close group and Brian said it reminded him of a true "Acts" church. It was pastor appreciation Sunday so they'd arranged a pot luck after the service and asked us to stay, so we did. It was very enjoyable and the people were all very friendly. We are still undecided about going back, though. We're praying about it and trying to see where the Lord leads us this Sunday! It was good to see Pat, though, and catch up with her.

After church we got home, changed and left again for a social for Brian's GOE group. It was at the instructor whose in charge home and he lives in a BEAUTIFUL neighborhood. I'll be honest in saying that I was a bit envious driving through that neighborhood. WOW! Anyway, he has a lovely home and the cookout was on his back covered patio and he has a pool, a trampoline, a playground, a soccer goal and another little game similar to what I used to play in junior high - oh, tetherball, that's it!! Anyway, it was a lot of fun getting to meet all the families of this group Brian's in. In fact, it turns out that one of the wives and I were at Ramstein at the same time. She's a year behind me in school and we would have only overlapped for my freshman year but I thought that was pretty cool! We stayed at the cookout until about 6:30pm and then came on home.

We ended up staying up late watching the last game of the world series. I kind of feel bad for the Rockies. I was hoping they would win at least one game. Oh, well, that's me - I like to cheer for the underdog!!







No comments: