Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Been a While...

It's been a while since I've posted - I just haven't been inspired to write about anything lately. This last week was pretty busy. Wednesday night I made dinner for a guy (and his family) in Brian's flight who just had baby number 8!! WOW!! Busy house. It was a little last minute so I had to really double what I had planned for our dinner that night. I ended up making low-fat bbq chicken (homemade sauce) pretty yummy, sweet-potato souffle, mixed veggies and yeast rolls. One challenge was they are avoiding dairy right now so I had to substitute milk for coconut milk and butter for a butter substitute in the sweet potatoes but I was pleased with how it turned out.
Thursday morning I got to meet a friend I've known since our Ohio days but also lived not far from us in Virginia. We met for coffee at a little place that also has an indoor play area for the kids - what a GREAT idea!! We are having her and her husband over for dinner next week while they are in town, I'm looking forward to that.
That night a guy who was Brian's first sponsor in Florida was here on temporary duty (TDY) so we had him over for dinner. I tried a new recipe called "seafood enchiladas" and, thankfully, they turned out really well. Definitely something I will make again. Not a typical enchilada but yummy - Josh hasn't tried them yet (he was out that night) but I keep telling him I think he will actually like them (he doesn't like real enchiladas).

So, come Friday I was ready for a quiet night with frozen pizza! :) I rotate and occasionally make my own pizzas on Fridays but this was definitely one of those days I was glad to not have to! I enjoy making dinner for others but after a couple of nights in a row I'm ready for a break! I guess I better get used to it, though, with Brian's new job that he'll start this summer!!

Anyway, that was my week at a glance. This coming week will be interesting because all the boys will be off tomorrow for the holiday and then Ian will be off Thursday and Friday for some teacher conference his school is having. I will have to come up with something for us to do or he will drive me crazy! We are planning on going on another date night Thursday night to see a movie - either "Pirates who don't do anything" or "Alvin and the Chipmunks" we'll have to see what's playing when.

No comments: