Sunday, January 20, 2008

Visit with Suzan (and Mark)!

Yesterday my friend, Suzan, and her husband, Mark, came to visit us. Suzan and I have been friends since I lived in Columbus starting in 1993!! WoW - I can't believe it's been 15 years already....(sigh)... let's move on!

They arrived Saturday in time to go watch Ian's basketball game. Then, after Ian's game we went to Jim-N-Nicks for a mid-afternoon meal. Ellie really enjoyed sucking on the rib bones!!! We all ate so much that none of us were hungry that evening.


After that we came home and had a relaxing afternoon hanging out. Then, much to my dismay (smile) we played Trivia Pursuit! I love games but let me just be honest in saying that I STINK at Trivia Pursuit! Scrabble, Boggle, word games I can play and do fairly well at but Trivia, well... it ain't pretty! FINALLY, Mark put us all out of our misery by winning after hours of playing! It was fun to just hang around - especially because we had the fire going in the fireplace and I was right next to it and nice and warm. We did have snow here yesterday, can you believe it?! It actually covered the grass and road for a moment and I really wanted to get a picture but by the time I was ready to do it, it was raining and the snow was disappearing. It was pretty while it lasted, though. Ian kept saying how he wanted it to snow some more. We kept telling him that in a few months he'll have more snow then he'll know what to do with!



Once the game was over we sat and chatted for a while, got a picture of us girls then called it a night. This morning we got up and had a little breakfast then they got on the road. It was a quick trip but it was good to see them. I realized Suzan hadn't ever been to my house since I've been married! ('Course I haven't been to hers either since she got married - 2 years ago!) I so enjoy catching up with friends - I wonder if we'll have any visitors when we move to North Dakota????!!!!!

2 comments:

Bob and Claire said...

Wait--did I miss something? You all are moving to N. Dakota?! Brian has orders already? Actually, we have friends at Minot, if you are in fact moving up there! : )

And thanks for the sweet potato fries recipe. We're going to the commissary next week, and sweet potatoes are on my list so we can try them!

Hartman said...

North Dakota...who said you could move there??