Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Couple of Funnies from Yesterday

Yesterday there were a couple of funny moments that came up that I thought I would share.

In the mornings we do a family devotional at breakfast called "Our Daily Bread" and Brian reads the Bible portion. I was in the kitchen doing some things when he got started and he was telling me where he was reading from. Plus, he was telling the boys "Oh, we've been reading this in Sunday School." So, he says, "We're reading from Husbands...." and although I was busy I said - did you say husbands? Then, he realized what he'd said and Josh said, "Oh, I thought you were saying that was what Ephesians meant!" {smile} (The reference was Ephesians and the first word was husbands!)

That afternoon I went to pick up Josh and we were on the way home and we were talking about some things: what we were learing at OCF (Officer's Christian Fellowship) and some other stuff. Well, he was also texting with his friend Laura about plans they were making to go as a group to see their friend Jason bowl Thursday night. He texts Laura (unknowingly) "So, are we going to see Jesus bowl?" She texts back "Jesus? I don't know about him but Jason maybe." (Can't you just imagine her tone?) Josh bursts out laughing and tells me what happened and I was rolling with laughter. Even as I type this I keep giggling and Brian keeps looking at me funny. I told Josh, "Well, if it's thundering and lightning that night you'll be getting to see Jesus bowl!"

Well, I hope that brought a smile to your face! Happy hump day!

1 comment:

Hartman said...

Jesus bowl...hahahaa..good one!