Thursday, May 20, 2010

An Almost Perfect Day

I keep thinking about it and I have a moment so I wanted to write about a great day we had last week (a week ago today exactly). It was the day before Brian got home (although the kids still thought he was getting home on Saturday) and we had MOPS that morning. It was our last MOPS and it went really well and was almost surreal. Then, we came home and had a picnic lunch (in the living room - it was chilly and dreary outside) and watched some Schoolhouse rock videos. I put Ellie down for a nap then Ian and I had school time and it was a good day. Ian was in a good mood and it made school easy and fun. Then, Ellie got up and we enjoyed the afternoon playing. It's funny I can't even remember what all we did just that the kids and I were all in good moods and it made it an enjoyable day. That night when I put Ian to bed we finished reading "Little Britches" and both ended up crying. We had a good chat and prayer and it was a great way to end the day. It's funny, isn't it, that I didn't have to plan anything extravagant or spend lots of money to have a perfect day with my kids!

No comments: