Thursday, May 13, 2010

Look who followed me home!

One day last week I went out for a run at my parent's house. After my run, I walked around my parent's cul-de-sac to cool down and was nearing their house when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see what it was and was surprised to find a mallard walking along in the grass beside me! He kept walking until some dogs in a house across the street started barking and then he stopped and looked around like, "I'm not going any closer." I said, "I completely understand" and kept walking. Well, I'd gone another few feet when I see a commotion out of the corner of my and look to see the mallard landing right next to me again. Well, he proceeds to walk the rest of the way with me to my parent's house and then walks up to the front door with me! I ran in and told Ian to grab a piece of bread and come out to see a friend of mine that followed me home! I grabbed Ellie and brought her out and the mallard kept pecking at my shoelaces and untied them. He didn't seem really interested in the bread but did keep pecking at it. At one time it looked as though he was trying to go in the front door and I had to tell him he didn't want to do that as we have two dogs inside that might want to do more than make his acquaintance! My dad said maybe he thought I was mom and I said, "Well, Brian does tell me I waddle!" Here's a picture of my mallard friend (sorry he didn't want to face the camera)!
Here's one of Ian trying to feed him and him going for Ian's toes instead!

1 comment:

Rod said...

God does have a wonderful plan for all of His creation and I am so glad that His wonderous love for us continues daily.
If you get a chance check out my new book.
http://www.strategicpublishinggroup.com/title/TheSwordAndTheSpear.html
God bless,
Rod