Saturday, May 1, 2010

Georgia trip

We've been in Georgia for almost two weeks now. I haven't taken a lot of pictures but thought I'd share the few I've taken. The first pictures I took were almost as soon as we arrived in Georgia. I wanted to go to Chick-fil-a. If you know me, you know how much I love it and have missed it being in North Dakota! So, we had just left the airport and I looked up the closest one in the GPS and we went. Well, it was only after we'd been there a while and were amazed by the fact that it had a sit-down full-service section that I finally realized we were sitting in the ORIGINAL one! The sit-down section had waitresses that would come and take your order and it was more like a diner than a Chick-fil-a: you could even order a hamburger (don't tell the cows). Anyway, here are a couple of pictures!

One of the things Ian has really enjoyed being able to do while we've been here is go fishing anytime he wants (within reason). My parents have a couple of little creeks and all around their house that has a plethora of little fish willing to take his bait! The other night he and my dad had a contest - Ian was using hot dogs for bait and my dad was using lure. Well, Ian caught 19 and my dad caught 0. So, I think Ian won that one! Now they're saying they have to switch for the next one. The following are a couple of pictures of one of the fish he caught a few days ago. He came in to get me so I could see it.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Wow! The original Chick-Fil-A! Who'd have thunk you could get a hamburger there, LOL.

We're really excited to see you guys before too long!!