Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stress-Free Holidays

Every year I realize I get to Christmas and didn't enjoy the season as much as I would've liked or as much as I did as a child. Some of that comes because I wait until December 1st to get my Christmas cards started (I hand-stamp all 120+ of them) or I'm "too busy" doing other things than to just enjoy some true down-time with my family and just BE! I love the holiday season and everything it entails - the lights, the gifts, the parties, the excitement, BUT more than all of that I enjoy what it's really all about - celebrating Jesus' birthday. I love birthday's and His is the best of all! I love reading the nativity story and trying to picture the scene in my mind, I love doing Advent wreaths with my family and reading the stories and scriptures to go with each one, I love reflecting on the past year and realizing how blessed I am. BUT, unfortunately, I don't always get to have those special moments because I get too bogged down with the rest of it. Now, I could do as some friends of mine have done and completely skip the rest of that stuff (all the material things) but because it's a part of what I enjoy about the season I just can't bring myself to do that. SO, I have a great little resource I want to share with any of you who might feel as I do. The place I order my Mom's Plan-It calendar from each year is a website called Families with Purpose and they have a free e-book called 8 Weeks to a Frazzle Free Christmas. I also happen to love to do lists so this is an even better resource for me! To download the e-book go to www.familieswithpurpose.com and click on the little banner that mentions it. The "book" includes worksheets and everything. I only printed out the book itself since I have places I put addresses and recipes and such but you could print all of it if you wanted! One reason I mention it now is that the 8 weeks started as of this past Monday - don't worry though, you haven't missed a lot and can still "catch up!" I hope it helps you to be able to have a stress free Christmas focused on the true meaning. (Leave me a comment if you decide to do it and we can check up on one another and share tips/ideas!)

1 comment:

Beverly said...

OK, I'm printing off the e-book now and will take it with me to church this afternoon to browse through and make notes while I'm with Charis during her 3-4 hour rehearsal!!! I was just thinking about this issue and thinking I should get my notebook together for all my lists. :-) Thanks for sharing this info!