Monday, August 4, 2008

Where Do I Begin?

I shouldn't really be blogging right now - I should really be working on the house some more or starting dinner BUT, the house is quiet, Ellie is napping and I haven't blogged in FOREVER!!!! So, here I am trying to decide where I start and what I should talk about.


I guess I'll start by saying we are in our home! We got the key the weekend of the 19th of July and came in and did some painting. Josh painted one of his walls red and we used that same red to paint some in Ian's room. We were going to do along the bottom of his walls with the red but then it turned into diagonals and now it looks like he has red mountains in the corners of his walls. In Ellie's room I painted one of her walls the same sort of caramel brown that we had in Alabama because I liked how all of her stuff looked on that color. Our stuff was delivered on Tuesday the 22nd and since I got to pack the house up by myself Brian thought it would be good for me to practice unloading by myself (although I'm remembering him being at the doctor's office and all when moving to AL because he'd hurt his back...). So, Josh and I worked together while the guys unloaded and Brian came home that afternoon in time to see them unload the last thing off the truck. Perfect timing on his part!! I worked the rest of that week on trying to get the kitchen and all together so we could stop eating out. Plus, trying to help Ian make sense of his room and getting Ellie's room put together. I was trying pretty hard to get a lot done before I left for my Stampin' Up! (R) convention last week. Unfortunately, life also was happening and I wasn't able to get quite as much done as I would've liked but it was "livable."


I left last Wednesday morning bright and early to travel to Salt Lake City for Stampin' Up!'s annual convention. I was especially excited about convention this year as I had two of my downline joining me and not only are they my downline they are also good friends! To my dismay, though, I discovered the day before I left that my ticket coming home was for Saturday and not Sunday as it was supposed to be. In order for the airline to change my ticket it would have cost me $545 or I could've booked another one way ticket home but that would've still cost me $350 so I had to make the tough decision to keep my ticket as it was and come home a day earlier than I was supposed to. I was pretty bummed but tried to focus on the positive's while I was there. I had a blast this year and am totally pumped to try and get business going here in North Dakota. I am including a picture of me with my roomies (two of them are my downline) after the Awards Night.


Since I came home Saturday instead of Sunday I was able to get a pretty good nap before going to a neighborhood "coyote" party (if the coyote lands in your yard, you're responsible to host the next party). Unfortunately, though, our time there ended with me having to take Ian to the emergency room to make sure he hadn't broken his arm. One of the people there is one of our doctor's and he thought it best to take him just to make sure. So, after spending 2 hours of my first night home in the emergency room we found Ian's arm was fine. I was a little frustrated with him while also trying to be sympathetic - the boy just seems to over do things some times! Because of the late night, we slept in Sunday morning and enjoyed a day around the house. I would like to call it a "relaxing" day at home but it wasn't. It was filled with unloading more boxes and trying to put some order to the chaos. Brian did get a lot done while I was gone but there was still more to be done. Ther are officially no more boxes in the living room but there's still stuff everywhere begging to be put somewhere. It'll come - hopefully soon.


This week we celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. We plan to celebrate by going to the Mall of America! I can't wait! I've never been and it's somewhere I've always had in the back of my mind that I wanted to visit. So, it should be fun - not very romantic perhaps but fun. Even the boys are looking forward to it.


Well, that doesn't really fill you in on everything but it brings you up to the here and now. I guess no blog would be complete without an updated picture of Ellie. So, here it is. This picture was taken yesterday. She's wearing an outfit that was Ian's!! Yes, she's standing on her own some but still not walking yet and still no teeth!!

2 comments:

lisam said...

Let me know if you will be comein by my end of the world. I am 4 to 5 hours from Mall of America or AOM. lisa

Beverly said...

I recognize that outfit!! You gave us one for Tobin! (Or was it Arden?! Or maybe they both wore it...) Cute, cute!!