Saturday, November 3, 2007

Date Night with Ian


Last year I had decided I should start dating Ian so that as he gets older he will be prepared and know how to treat a girl. Well, we went on one date in October last year and then never went on another one. He asked about it a lot but it just never worked out. So, we've been trying to find a good time to go again since we moved here and it finally worked out that we were able to go last night. We decided to go to a paint place and paint something. Brian helped him by making the reservation in Ian's name. Well, we had a great time. I had thought we would get dessert after we were done but after we finally got painting (it took us a while to figure out what we were going to paint) I realized we were going to be there longer than I thought. Thankfully, a Marble Slab was right next door so we were able to go get some ice cream and bring it back to keep painting. Ian painted an ornament he plans to give to Ellie and he also got a little dog to paint for free that he painted to look like Bully (MSU's bulldog). I painted a plate that I plan to use as a special plate that a family member will get at certain times to let them know they are special. Or, I may just hang it up - we'll see how well it comes out. Anyway, we had fun hanging out together and it was nice to have some one-on-one time with him.

3 comments:

Amy Kilpatrick said...

A date night with your little man is a great idea! I need to do one of those too with both my 'lil big man (EJ) and my main man (Jay) ...LOL!! See you soon!

Hartman said...

That is great that you guys did that Joy...I will have to do that with Micah sometime.

Suzan said...

I love the date night idea! very good!!!!