Monday, November 26, 2007

How we celebrated Thanksgiving

I wanted to add a separate blog about how we celebrated Thanksgiving this year - aside from being with family and eating. In Virginia I was pretty good about coming up with new ways for us to share things we were thankful for but then I was thrown off last year with going to New York and this year things snuck up on me so I was a little behind but I somewhat redeemed myself. Thanksgiving evening after everyone had gone and it was just us and my parents, I gathered us all together and first we went through Thanksgiving past and read what those years said. The first one I had was from 2004 and I put little pieces of paper out with an empty cornucopia and had people fill out what they were thankful for leading up to the day. On Thanksgiving we read them. It was cute to see Ian's little scribbles. He had the most little papers since he was home all day with me at that time. The next one was for 2005 and I'd made a paper bag book with a slot for each family member. This year we didn't write it down but what we did was play the alphabet game and for each letter we had to say something we were Thankful for. One big thing that Brian and Ian shared from last Sunday at church was our answer to prayer for having a little girl, Eliana. I enjoyed hearing Josh's answers now that he's a little older - he had Q and he said quick to love. I wished I written them all down to save but I didn't. It was just nice to share that time together.

No comments: