Thursday, November 29, 2007

Today Has Been a Good Day

Well, it's been a good day all around, I think, so I wanted to write about it and share a couple of pictures.



After getting home from taking the boys to school my neighbor, Ashley, and I went walking. We've been walking together almost every day this week and I've really enjoyed having someone to walk with. We've gone in the afternoons with the boys (Reed and Ian) but it was nice to just have us this morning and it was a beautiful day so it was nice to be outside and Ellie did a great job even though the sun was in her face on the way home, again.


Once we were home Ellie and I actually did some house cleaning - I can tell I must not do a whole lot (of cleaning) with her because the vacuum startled her! Part of that may also have been because I was holding her in one arm and vacuuming with the other and I don't think she's ever been that close (right?!). My arm got tired of holding her so I decided to try out our new backpack we got for her - finally - YAY!! I used to clean house with Ian in his so it's nothing new to me but I wasn't sure how she was going to like it. When I first put her in it she was NOT happy but after I got her in and on my back and went to the mirror so she could see us both she seemed to be better about it. So, I finished doing some vacuuming, swept, and swiffered. She decided that all that cleaning was hard work and she fell asleep right before we were finished. She looked so sweet - I really should have taken a picture but I truly didn't think of it until right now! I put her down for a nap and she slept for a good little bit. Gave me enough time to make my lunch and eat it plus get some things done on the computer. She got up and I had just enough time to get a shower before going to pick up the boys.





Josh was very excited about today because he was getting his class ring. I thought it was pretty neat because they had a class "party" (essentially, "here's your ring and some pizza") to celebrate getting their rings. We didn't have anything like that for mine so I thought that at least they did something! So, I thought I should post some pictures of him and his ring! You may want to click on it to see the large version but just in case, here's one of just the ring. It's a very unique ring and, thankfully, they'll replace it if it's lost or stolen plus if we do move for his senior year, they'll change the school side for him. Plus, when he wants a college ring, they'll melt it down and credit us so, I hope that covers everything!! The only problem is there seems to be a defect on the school logo side so I'm going to go in in the morning and talk to the Herff Jones guy about it. Josh keeps saying, "It's fine." But, I've told him that I paid a lot of money for that ring it should be perfect!! All-in-all Josh is excited to finally have his ring.



Tonight was Ian's Christmas program at school. I must be used to what his school in Virginia usually did for their Christmas program because this was, honestly, a bit of a disappointment. He goes to a Christian school and the "skit" part of the program focused on the true meaning of Christmas but ALL of the songs they sung did not - not sure what that's all about! He did a good job, though, and I took a picture of him on stage in front of one of the Christmas trees. After the show we got a treat at Bruster's and then headed home. Ellie even did pretty well at the show considering evenings are often her crankiest times.


So, today has been a good day - not too busy, not too dull, JUST RIGHT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at mom and dad's house and saw your blog web address written down...so thought I'd come visit! Sorry it's taken me so long to come and look...I can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks from today!!! :-) Much love, kristin

Amy Kilpatrick said...

I love days like that! Everything just seems right. Josh's ring is gorgeous. What an exciting time in his life!

Hartman said...

That Josh has some good hair...did he lighten it??