Monday, November 12, 2007

Visit with Amy



Last week went by so quickly! My friend, Amy, came to visit and arrived on Wednesday in Birmingham. Thankfully, Brian had the afternoon off so he was able to be home and pick the boys up from school while I went to get her. It was so good to see her. We've been friends since we both lived in Ohio (we moved in 2004) and we are also stampin' sisters. She is in my downline with Stampin' Up! (R) and we talk often about what we're doing and share ideas. I'm so thankful to have a friend like her!


Anyway, while she was here I was hosting bunco at my house for the bunco group I'm in and the theme was Margarita madness. So, Thursday morning we made up some margaritas and squeezed MANY lemons and limes (see photo). Our hands were pretty tired after all of that and, unfortunately, I think I may have gotten contact dermatitis (spelling?) - an allergic reaction - to all the juicing because I now have two spots on my hands that burned, turned red and have blistered. Not fun. However, the margaritas were enjoyed by those that partook and it was a fun evening. I even won for most buncos! YAY!! Friday night we finally did some scrappin' together but we were both so tired from the night before that we didn't get a lot done.


Saturday her flight was leaving in the afternoon so we had a leisurely morning and nice breakfast then we drove up to do a little shopping and all before her flight. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and found a neat little store in a shopping center called the Summit. Then, it was time to take her to the airport. We had a fun time but both agreed we should add one more day the next time so we can truly get some good stampin' time in!

1 comment:

Amy Kilpatrick said...

I can't believe how quickly the time flew too! It was so great visiting with you & your family and meeting your precious little girl. She is SO, SO cute! Thanks for the wonderful time. Can't wait til we can get our families together...