Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



It has been a wonderful, relaxing weekend and today is another beautiful day! I am blessed by my husband and blessed to be called mom by three good-looking kids. Our message at church today affirmed me for the things I'm doing right and definitely convicted me on the things I need to work on. This past week has, for me, been a challenge in a pretty big way as a mom and I thank the Lord He gave me wisdom and grace to handle the situation as well as friends to mentor and pray for me. Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me. God is definitely at work in our family and I'm excited to see where it all leads! I can tell you this - God is good and God is faithful. He has been my strength this week and without Him I would not have made it. I know I'm saying all of this without details but there are some things that don't need to be shared with the world - just know that we are all okay and are growing in God's grace. My eyes have been opened to seeing things from a different perspective and showing unconditional love with no strings attached. As a mom I realize the awesome responsibility I have to show my children God's love and forgiveness. If I'm not in the Word growing closer to my Savior it is impossible for me to impart His truths to my children. The same is true of them - if they aren't in the Word, they will be unprepared for whatever the world throws at them. Being a mom also means letting our children "grow" through their own mistakes - even if it grieves us to watch them go through it wanting to say "I told you so!" I've realized I want to "fix it better" and have had to realize that I can't, only God can and believe me that is very hard for me to do. He is at work and I must let Him continue it for His purposes, not mine! I have such a huge appreciation for my parents after this week and want to take a moment to say, "Thank you, Mom and Dad, for loving me, showing me God's grace and His unfailing love."

We watched the movie "Flywheel" last night and there was a term from that movie that we are adopting for ourselves - Serene Chaos. It is feeling like things are out of our control but trusting God is in control in the midst of it all. That sums up our life this week and this Mother's Day has meant a lot to me for it. I hope that all of you Mom's out there have a wonderful day too and realize all of the amazing things that being a mom entails - the good and the bad.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Hugs to a really great mom!!

Love you!