Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Story

Okay, I suppose I've heard from enough of you either by comment left or email sent so I'll tell the whole story. Please know I'm not telling in jest - simply retelling what happened. Josh and I were on our way to pick up his date (I was riding with him so I could get pictures of the two of them. Brian was coming a few minutes later after dropping Ian off at his coaches house.) We were at the end of our neighborhood turning left onto a four lane road (well, two 2-lane roads with a median separating them) and the sun was beginning its decent (it was 4:50pm) in the direction we were turning so the glare on the road was pretty bad. Plus, there was someone in the right turn lane turning into our neighborhood. Josh began to move forward a little thinking the way was clear and, all of sudden he stops and says oh, no. Then, I finally saw the car just as it was, I thought, clearing us but all of a sudden I'm seeing the car swerve into the other lane and I see a fender in the middle of the road. My first thought was - Who's fender is that? Then I realized what was happening - she's swerving and finally loses control, goes into the ditch and proceeds to roll a couple of times before finally landing on the roof. People had already stopped and were running over to help her and I ran over. Thank the Lord she was able to crawl out of the car of her own doing but all who were present advised her to stay there until the medics got there. She did leave in the ambulance but was fine except for some cuts and bruises. I'm so thankful I was in the car with Josh because I know he wasn't being careless it was just a tough situation and he must've just pulled up a little too much. He and I barely felt the impact so it truly felt like a dream. A really bad one. After all the police reports were done and she had left in the ambulance, we left in the mini-van. Believe it or not, I let Josh continue driving to her house. We were both still pretty shaken up and we took our time getting to her house as well as just hanging out once we got there. Her parents said they were okay with Josh driving as long as he felt comfortable. He did drive that night - the minivan - that's why the picture of him opening the door for her is in the minivan. No more incidents that night. The car is now in the shop and I really don't want to know what our insurance is going to be now. The good news is that everyone is okay and that Josh didn't pull out any further. If he had, I may not be writing this right now. The Lord was truly watching over us and I'm so thankful for His protection.

1 comment:

Suzan said...

I wondered why he took the mini van! I am glad everyone is ok!